The July issue is now available for download. You should have received your printed copy today.
There are two versions: One of a smaller size, but noticeably lower resolution images. The higher resolution version will look much better, but is not recommended for people with slow internet connections.
Edgemead News July 2011 Low Resolution (3.7Mb)
Edgemead News July 2011 High Resolution (7.7Mb)
The office bearer positions have been elected as follows:
Chairman: Gary Dewing
Secretary: Lee Engeler
Vice Chairman: David van den Berg
Treasurer: Peter Loveland
Congratulations. Already there is a positive vibe in the new committee to get on with things. We wish them all the best!
At the AGM of 25 May 2011, the following people were nominated to serve on the new committee:
David van den Berg
Andre du Plessis
Rocco du Plessis
Congratulations to all!
Quick reminder that the AGM will take place on the 25th of May, 7PM at the Edgemead Community Hall.
Agenda: ERA May 2011 AGM Agenda
We are please to announce we now have the facility to advertise lost & found pets for the Edgemead and surrounding areas. For more information please follow the link in to top menu.
James Vos recently announced a much needed upgrade is on the way.
- The installation of concrete media barriers on the N1 in the vicinity of the N7 interchange.
- Upgrading of road traffic direction signs on the N1 and N7.
- Extension of the existing left lane of the N1 (direction Paarl) to the Monte Vista Boulevard off-ramp. This lane currently merges with the second lane from the left but will continue to the Monte Vista Interchange. There will therefore be 2 lanes leaving the N1 at Monte Vista.
- Addition of a west-bound (towards Montague Gardens) lane on Bosmansdam Road approaching the eastern terminal of the N7/Bosmansdam Interchange.
- Addition of a short west-bound lane on Bosmansdam Road between the eastern terminal and the bridge over the N7
- Addition of a right-turn lane to the east-bound (towards Bothasig) approach of Bosmansdam Road to the eastern terminal of the N7/Bosmansdam Interchange.
- Re-marking of the link between east- and west-bound carriageways of Bosmansdam Road (at the eastern terminal of the interchange) to provide two right-turn lanes towards Montague Gardens.
In a recent feedback report from Councillor Vos the following information was made known to us:
Edgemead we can look forward to some positive progress in Bains Way in future years. I am sure that you will agree with me that that the undeveloped open space in this road has caused many problems to the local community as far as dumping and squatting is concerned. After many years of numerous meetings and letters we have now finally received confirmation from the Provincial authorities that this site is allocated to the Edgemead High School for sporting purposes. I am very excited with the outcome of this matter as it now provides the Edgemead schools with an opportunity to further their development and promotion of sport and recreation amongst our youth. We now require the support and backing of business and community to turn this unsightly bush into pleasant sporting grounds for the enjoyment of everyone.
If you would like to offer your support please contact us or get in touch with Councillor Vos directly.
Registration for the local government elections will be held on the 5th and 6th of February, 2011. Registation locations for Edgemead are: Edgemead community hall, Edgemead high school and Edgemead primary school. Registration is open from 8am – 5pm.
More information can be obtained from the IEC website where you can also check your registration status.
As some of you may already have noticed, the recycling igloos at the Edgemead Library have been removed. Their new home is now alongside the existing igloos at the Edgemead Shopping Centre.
If you have items other than those that can be dropped off at the igloos you can visit the Tygerdal, Welgelegen or 5th Avenue Parow drop off sites. The following items can be dropped off: Paper, Plastics, Cardboard, Metal, Glass bottles, Tetra-Pek, Polystyrene, Electronic Waste, Mixed Recyclables and other materials. Mixed recyclables e.g. mingled paper, plastics etc. These recyclables are not sorted into different recyclable streams. Any “other” recyclables apart from what is listed in the table above, e.g. white goods, wood, bricks, etc.
These materials are then taken to the recycling companies in the industry, such as, Consol, Mondi, SA Metal, Recycling associations, etc.
You can locate all these sites from the map page.
May you and your family have a prosperous 2011.
The year certainly is starting with a bang which should see our first issue of Edgemead News for the year out by the end of January. Keep an eye on those letter boxes. Copies will of course be available online as well.